When and where is the Kentucky SHRM Conference?
- The conference will be held September 23– 25, 2015 in Louisville at the Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC).
- Conference attendees will begin arriving on Wednesday, September 23 at 8:00 am for the pre-conference workshop, but the exhibit hall does not officially open until Thursday, September 24 at 7:00 am.
Where can I make hotel reservations?
- The Louisville Marriott Downtown, our host hotel is located at 280 West Jefferson Street and reservations can be made by calling 502-627-5045 or 800-533-0127. The rate per night is $155 and the cut-off date to make reservations is Wednesday, September 2, 2015. If you’d like other options, please contact Andrea Flanders at 502-848-8723.
If I am staying overnight at the Louisville Marriott Downtown, where can I park?
- If you will be staying overnight at our host hotel, self-parking is $21 per day and valet is $25 per day.
- Please note there are cheaper parking options surrounding the Marriott that are visible as you’re driving around this area.
What is the easiest way to get to the exhibit hall to set up my display?
- TO UNLOAD ITEMS FROM YOUR CAR DIRECTLY INTO THE EXHIBIT HALL:
- Exhibitors should drop off materials and equipment at the 2nd Street Dock and can load directly into Exhibit Hall 2D at KICC. Exhibit Hall 2D is attached to the 2nd Street loading dock and also across from Jefferson Street by pedway from the Louisville Marriott Downtown, our host hotel.
- TO PARK & WALK OVER TO THE EXHIBIT HALL:
- KICC offers two parking garages for visitors. The Cowger Garage is at the corner of 4th & Market Street and is attached by pedway.
- The Commonwealth Garage is located on Jefferson Street between Third and Fourth Streets (next to the Hyatt Regency Hotel and connected to both Hyatt and Marriott).
- There is also a pedway from Level 3 of the Commonwealth Garage directly into KICC. Parking is $6 for four to nine hours and $7 for nine to twenty-four hours.
Where can I park if I have an oversized vehicle or a vehicle with a trailer?
- The PARC Lot in Block #55, which is two blocks south of the facility on 2nd Street, is recommended for surface lot parking. It is highly recommended that the lot owner be contacted and arrangements are made well ahead of time.
- Call 502-574-2519 or 502-574-3817 to make arrangements.
Where should I go once I have arrived at KICC?
- Please register at the Exhibitor Registration Desk, which is located inside the exhibit hall near the entrance.
What is the easiest way to leave the exhibit hall on Friday, September 25 once my display has been taken down?
- If multiple trips are necessary, we recommend you drive your car to the 2nd Street loading dock and pull up to the ramp. There may be other exhibitors waiting as well, so please be patient.
- If it is convenient to exit with one load, you may exit on foot by walking across the pedway and into the Commonwealth Garage, which is the garage situated between the Marriott & the Hyatt.
- If you are parked in the Marriott’s parking garage, you may request a cart from a bellman by calling the front desk at 502-627-5045 and then walk across the pedway to the hotel. We advise that you call in advance of your time of departure.
When can I set up and break down my booth?
- Exhibitor set-up is from 2-7 pm on Wednesday, September 23. Exhibitors can break down and dismantle either on Thursday, September 24 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm or Friday, September 25 from 7-10 am.
When will the exhibit hall open and close?
- The exhibit hall will officially be open on Thursday, September 24 at 7:00 am. It officially closes the same day at 6:30 pm at the conclusion of the networking reception.
- The exhibit hall is only open for one day this year!
Will there be attendees inside the exhibit hall during our set-up time on Wednesday, September 23?
- There is a chance we may have a stray attendee or two wander into the exhibit hall, but please do not expect any booth traffic on Wednesday during set-up.
What is my booth number?
- Booth numbers will be assigned and emailed in June. If you are unsure of your booth number, please contact Andrea Flanders, Sponsorship Development Manager with the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce at 502-848-8723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Will my booth location change?
- It is not likely that your booth location will change. However, if there are changes made to the exhibit hall floor plan and your location, you will be made aware before the conference.
What items are included with my booth space?
- These items are included in your exhibit fee:
- Pipe and Drape
- ID Sign
- 8′ Skirted Table
- Two Folding Chairs
- 10′ x 10′ Space
- Platinum level and above sponsors receive a 10′ x 20′ space.
Is WiFi available in the exhibit hall?
- At this time WiFi is not available. If this changes, all attendees will be notified. To order internet service through KICC, click here for the order form and here for the payment form.
- Orders placed by September 9 will receive the reduced “advanced rate.”
How do I order electricity?
- Electric can be ordered directly through KICC.
- Orders placed by September 9 will receive the reduced “advanced rate.”
- Click here to order online.
- Click on Annual KYSHRM Conference to view order form.
- You will need to create an account to order online.
- If you ordered online last year, you should still have an account
- To order and submit via mail, click here for the order form and click here for the payment form.
- Exhibitor services are handled through Fern Expositions.
- To view/download the Fern exhibitor kit, click here.
- To view the Fern Exhibitor kit and place an order online, click here.
- If you have not received your customer ID & password, please contact Patty Kestler at Fern Exposition (email@example.com) and indicate your status as an exhibitor for the 2015 KYSHRM Conference.
Can I give out food or beverage samples from my booth?
- Exhibitors may distribute food and beverage products ONLY upon written authorization from KICC.
- Items dispensed are limited to products manufactured, processes, or distributed by exhibiting firm. All items are limited to Sample Size (beverages are limited to 4-oz. containers and food items are limited to “bite size”).
- A Sample Food and Beverage Distribution Authorization Form must be completed and submitted prior to the event.
Can I give away a prize from my booth?
- Yes, in fact we encourage you to. Exhibitors are encouraged to offer prizes to attendees as a way to gain contacts and attract activity to your booth location.
- We suggest that you display your giveaway to draw more attention to your booth.
- We recommend you do not bring heavy items as most will have to carry with them the remainder of the day and then out to their car upon exit.
How do the prize drawing process work?
- All companies who have completed and submitted the online prize giveaway form will have their company’s name, booth number and prize listed in the onsite conference directory that all attendees receive at registration.
- All drawings from exhibitors must take place by 4:00 pm on Thursday, September 24. The completed winner forms should be turned into the Exhibitor Registration Desk (forms will be provided onsite).
- Please note that those who miss this deadline may not be included in the Exhibit Hall drawing announcements on Thursday, September 24.
- We will have a complete list of winners (including booth numbers where they pick up their prize) posted at the entrance to the Exhibit Hall starting at 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 24.
- Winners will be posted throughout the networking reception on Thursday, September 24 between 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm.
- Winners will be asked to visit the exhibitors at their booth to collect the prize.
Can I enter to win prize giveaways from other exhibitors?
- No, the focus for exhibitors is on conference attendees and their target audience of HR professionals. Please refrain from entering as, these giveaways are reserved for conference attendees only.
Does my booth need to be staffed for the entire duration of the conference?
- No, there will be plenty of times during the conference where your booth will not need to be staffed. We ask that your booth be staffed anytime conference attendees are inside the exhibit hall during show hours (meals, breaks and reception). Please refer to the schedule.
- Conference attendees look forward to their breaks, lunches and the Networking Reception in the exhibit hall as an opportunity to meet and interact with the many vendors who make the effort to be there.
- Attendees do let us know when they cannot find you, so we ask that your booth be staffed at all times while attendees are schedule to be in the exhibit hall.
- Failure to staff your booth during exhibit hall hours will result in possible poor placement at the 2016 conference.
What kind of traffic can I expect throughout the conference?
- We make every effort to drive attendees to the exhibit hall to spend time with vendors who are ready and willing to showcase their latest products and services. That is why meals, breaks and Thursday’s Networking Reception are held inside the exhibit hall — with you!
- All attendees receive a prize card where your company will be listed. Attendees have to visit your booth and will need you to sign their card so that they are eligible for the $2,500 cash giveaway Thursday, September 24. Attendees have to complete their entire prize card to be eligible for the giveaway. The prize card guarantees traffic.
Is security provided while the exhibit hall is closed?
- No, however, the exhibit hall will be locked at the end of each day. We ask that you remove any valuables or items of importance for safekeeping.
Do I need to pay for my meals?
- No, all meals are included in your registration fee along with breaks and two receptions.
Are exhibitors invited to attend the Kentucky SHRM Welcome Reception on Wednesday, September 23?
- Absolutely! We encourage you to attend and spend a couple of hours with attendees. Enjoy great food, drinks and company!
- Exhibitors can register here (two maximum).
Are there any events or parts of the conference that exhibitors cannot participate in?
- We ask that you do not participate in the exhibitor prize drawings as these are for attendees only.
- You are welcome to take part in all of the exhibitor-related festivities, including all meals, breaks, receptions and all other related happenings inside the exhibit hall (Internet Cafe’, Chair Massage, etc).
- You are invited to attend the keynote session on Thursday at 8:45 am at the Louisville Downtown Marriott.
- You must be registered to attend the full conference.
How many attendees should I plan for this year?
- Average yearly attendance varies between 500-600.
When will I receive the contact list of attendees?
- Before and after the conference, sponsors receive a complete electronic list of attendees.
- List of attendees will be provided via email before and after the conference (mailing address with phone number).
- A post-conference, complete list of attendees will be sent via email two weeks after the event (includes email addresses).
Who should I contact if I have any suggestions regarding the conference or exhibiting at the Kentucky SHRM Conference?
- Please contact Andrea Flanders, Sponsorship Development Manager with the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, at 502-848-8723 or firstname.lastname@example.org